November 28, 2006
G’DAY from Melbourne!
Time really flies. I’ve been here for 2 weeks – catching up with loved ones and friends, did lots of shopping, reading, thinking, taking long walks in the parks & on the beach. I ate & drank lots, too.
The weather has been fabulous. I will be going to the beach house this coming weekend.
I’m happy… I really am!!!
Two nights ago, I shared this with a friend:
The old woman I shall become will be quite different from the woman I am now.
Another I is beginning.
It’s definitely a positive thought.. one that I know I will achieve.
Take care, my friends.
November 13, 2006
I’ll be taking a very long break from work & blogging, my friends. I’m going
this Wednesday… I’ll be flying off to my other home.
I’ll be spending some time at the beach house overlooking here.
I’ll be going for long walks here.
I’ll be spending all my money at this shopping haven.
I will try and update and visit your blogs.. though I don’t know when…
Forgetting you is hard to do but forgetting me is up to you.
Forget me not, Forget you never. Forget this blog, but not the blogger.
I will MISS YOU all very much, my friends.
Take Care & HUGS!
November 10, 2006
These just go from bad to worse.. but my two faves are Deja moo (we all know it when we hear it!) and the Gandhi one!
1. Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love and got married. The ceremony wasn’t much, but the reception was excellent.
2. A jumper cable walks into a bar. The bartender says, “I’ll serve you, but don’t start anything.”
3. Two peanuts walk into a bar, and one was a salted.
4. A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
5. A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm and says: “A beer please, and one for the road.”
6. Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other: “Does this taste funny to you?”
7. “Doc, I can’t stop singing ‘The Green, Green Grass of Home.’” “That sounds like Tom Jones Syndrome” “Is it common?” Well, “It’s Not Unusual.”
8. Two cows are standing next to each other in a field. Daisy says to Dolly, “I was artificially inseminated this morning.” “I don’t believe you,” says Dolly. “It’s true, no bull!” exclaims Daisy.
9. An invisible man marries an invisible woman. The kids were nothing to look at either.
10. Deja Moo: The feeling that you’ve heard this bull before.
11. I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn’t find any.
12. A man woke up in a hospital after a serious accident. He shouted, “Doctor, doctor, I can’t feel my legs!” The doctor replied, “I know you can’t – I’ve cut off your arms!”
13. I went to a seafood disco last week…and pulled a mussel.
14. What do you call a fish with no eyes? A fsh.
15. Two fish swim into a concrete wall. The one turns to the other and says “Dam!”.
16. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can’t have your kayak and heat it too.
17. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. “But why,” they asked, as they moved off. “Because”, he said, “I can’t stand chess-nuts boasting in an open foyer.”!
18. A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named “Ahmal.” The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him “Juan.” Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds, “They’re twins! If you’ve seen Juan, you’ve seen Ahmal.”
19. Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him .(Oh, man, this is so bad, it’s good)….. A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.
20. And finally, there was the person who sent twenty different puns to his friends, with the hope that at least ten of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.
November 9, 2006
NO! NO! NO! Don’t run off. I’m not angry.
Anger is a powerful emotion that can color your whole life red. A righteous anger stands up for the good and hates the bad. But many times the anger that you nurse is a destructive self-righteous anger.
Try to understand what causes your anger. If a situation makes you feel angry, look for possible solutions. If a person makes you angry, use your anger as a reminder to make a greater effort at understanding. Let love and peace rule in your heart. Deal with your anger through prayer and positive action. Ask God to cleanse your thoughts and make your heart tender again.
Don’t Feed Your Anger.
November 8, 2006
Many parents, when faced with a child’s scrape or cut, say “Let me kiss it and make it better.” Scrapes kissed, tummies and backs rubbed, fevered brows soothed, fears hugged away – children seem to know well the power of touch.
As adults our wounds may be too serious to treat with touch alone, but that doesn’t discount its power. The embrace of a loved one, the hug of a friend – all of these things help us to know we are not alone, that God, through the hands of others, touches our lives.
Note: Thank you for all your well wishes & hugs. Your sacred touch is the main reason why I am feeling much better today. THANKS & HUGS!