And Now, a Message from Our Sponsor

January 10, 2007

When the work is done, even the busiest folks need a few minutes to put their feet up and relax before bed. Many choose a few minutes of television as a way to unwind. But the constant barrage of commercials can be wearying.

remotetv.jpg

Is there a way to enjoy television without having our senses assaulted?

tv1.jpg

Next time you’re watching television, try hitting the mute button on your remote during commercials. Use the break to rest quietly for a moment in silence, reminded of the divine whisper that is always being spoken behind the noise.

A memorable quote from my favourite TV show:

At the end of the day, there are some things you just can’t help but talk about. Some things we just don’t want to hear, and some things we say because we can’t be silent any longer. Some things are more than what you say, they’re what you do. Some things you say cause there’s no other choice. Some things you keep to yourself. And not too often, but every now and then, some things simply speak for themselves.

Advertisements

5 Responses to “And Now, a Message from Our Sponsor”

  1. zeroimpact Says:

    Well I have not been watching tv much nowadays
    However a relaxing time is often spent doing the things that can relax us
    True enough things that need to be said may not be said
    Silence may be better than words
    Whatever it is, when we are able to listen beyond the words and noise, we will hear so much more and then there will be silence
    Heed the heart when doing this and hopefully things will not go wrong
    Hugs!

    “It’s amazing how you can speak right to my heart
    Without saying a word you can light up the dark
    Try as I may I can never explain
    What I hear when you don’t say a thing..”

    You should try & catch that show, Matt.. šŸ˜‰
    It’s the only series that I’m following now..
    HUGS!


  2. I seldom watch TV … and not much since it is now a non-ratings period, so nothing much is on anyway. I did watch a comedians Special last night …

    Hehe.. Hope you had some good laughs.. šŸ˜€

  3. Gallivanter Says:

    Errr…what’s a TV?

    A Television.. hehe

  4. merv Says:

    I have no TV. MWAHAHAHA

    You don’t need one la.. ‘cos you spend 80% of your time in front of your PC & the other 20% eating, sleeping, commuting on buses & trains.. hehe

  5. Kyels Says:

    I don’t watch tv; only occasionally when I am back home.

    (:

    But well, it’s relaxing to unwind when the day has been long.

    I only watch once a week.. i.e., the current series that I’m hooked on.. hehe šŸ˜‰


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: