Her Words of Wisdom
September 5, 2007
Mother Teresa (Aug 26, 1910 – Sept 5, 1987)
When we choose words of wisdom to live by, we can’t go wrong with Mother Teresa quotes. After all, she was one of the most remarkable women to ever walk the earth. We can learn a lot from her kindness, patience, generosity and gentleness of spirit.
These 18 Mother Teresa quotes are perfect examples of why this woman was so special and how many of us can learn from her example.
1. “It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love that is put into them that matters.”
2. “Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that children have very little time for their parents. Parents have very little time for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of peace of the world.”
3. “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.”
4. “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.”
5. “If we really want to love we must learn how to forgive.”
6. “We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature – trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence… We need silence to be able to touch souls.”
7. “Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God’s kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.”
8. “There is more hunger in the world for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.”
9. “Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.”
10. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.”
11. “Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”
12. “I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much.”
13. “I want you to be concerned about your next door neighbor. Do you know your next door neighbor?”
14. “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”
15. “We, the unwilling,led by the unknowing,are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much,for so long,with so little,we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.”
16. “God doesn’t require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.”
17. “People are generally irrational, unreasonable and selfish. They deserve to be loved, anyway.”
18. “Despite giving your best to the world, you may be kicked in the teeth. Give the best you’ve got anyway.”
It is evident from the wisdom in her words that Mother Teresa was truly a gift to the world. If only the world would live by her wisdom, it would finally be a loving and peaceful place where humanity could enjoy a Utopian existence.
Today marks the 10th Anniversary of Mother Teresa’s death.