April 16, 2009
- Family time.
- Laughing so hard your face hurts.
- A hot shower.
- No lines at the Supermarket.
- A special glance.
- Getting mail.
- Taking a drive on a pretty road.
- Hearing your favourite song on the radio.
- Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
- Finding the dress you want is on sale for half price.
- Chocolate milkshake.
- A long distance phone call.
- A bubble bath.
- A good conversation.
- The beach.
- Laughing at yourself.
- Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
- Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
- Having someone tell you that you’re beautiful.
- Laughing at an inside joke.
- Falling in love.
- Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
- Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
- Your first kiss.
- Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
- Playing with a new puppy.
- Late night talks with your roommate that keeps you from sleeping.
- Having someone play with your hair.
- Sweet dreams.
- Hot chocolate.
- Road trips with friends.
- Swinging on swings.
- Watching a good movie cuddled up on a couch with someone you love.
- Wrapping presents under the Christmas tree while eating cookies and drinking eggnog.
- Song lyrics printed inside your new CD so you can sing along without feeling stupid.
- Going to a really good concert.
- Getting butterflies in your stomach every time you see that one person.
- Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
- Winning a really competitive game.
- Making chocolate chip cookies!
- Having your friends send you homemade cookies!
- Spending time with close friends!
- Seeing smiles and hearing laughter from your friends.
- Holding hands with someone you care about.
- Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.
- Discovering that love is unconditional and stronger than time.
- Riding the best roller coasters over and over.
- Hugging the person you love.
- Watching the expression of someone’s face as they open a much-desired present from you.
- Watching the sunrise.
- Getting out of bed every morning and thanking God for another beautiful day.
- Having friends you know you can cry on or talk to about your deepest problems
What are some of the best things in your life?
April 8, 2009
Miracles happen all around us every day. So often, that we routinely overlook them in the moment. It may be hours later that you realize God’s miraculous protection surrounded you. Perhaps upon quiet reflection you recognize that being on time for an appointment despite numerous detours or finding a person in a crowd had a truly miraclous element in it.
Sometimes the miracles around you are as simple as a bud bursting into bloom or the hatching of birds’ eggs. Taking time to see and appreciate the miraculous is guaranteed to bring a smile to your soul and hope to your heart.
Miracles are all around.
Can you see them?