December 30, 2009
Write it on your heart
that every day is the best day in the year.
He is rich who owns the day,
and no one owns the day
who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities, no doubt, crept in.
Forget them as soon as you can, tomorrow is a
begin it well and serenely,
with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense.
This new day is too dear, with its hopes and invitations,
to waste a moment on the yesterdays…
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~
Life has the color that each one wants to give it. The ideal would be if the day would always be a true rainbow with beautiful sunshine. Unfortunately it is not; the day can begin radiant and finish in the darkness, dark like the night when the day ends. Meantime, there is a mixture of tones, according to the color that we give to each minute of our day. In the white fabric of life, there is an obstinate brush that from time to time drops a gray, black or even a purple, everything turns completely sadder, matte, cloudier. However, the next day is a new day, a new hope, a new smile, a new fabric with colors, colors and more colors are at our disposal, we only have to choose. Sometimes there is someone who would help us to choose the right ones, but at the end of the day… the option is always only ours.
Have a Blessed New Year!
December 24, 2009
Christmas is here and there’s so much that I wish.
Not for me, Dear God, but for those upon this list:
1. I have a house, dear God, but there are those without a home. Please give them one for Christmas, one they can call their own.
2. There are children who have toys and a place to rest their heads. Please give to those who don’t, some fine toys and some warm beds.
3. My table will be adorned with food, on this fine Christmas Day. Please give food to those who hunger they must not whither away.
4. I have clothes upon my back to keep me warm and dry. But, there are some with clothes so old and worn, they simply can’t get by.
5. But most of all, dear God, I have a love within my heart. Please give the gift of Love to those who need a brand new start.
Thank you for listening to my prayer.
A Blessed Christmas to you.
Your loving child.