A Christmas Prayer
December 24, 2009
Christmas is here and there’s so much that I wish.
Not for me, Dear God, but for those upon this list:
1. I have a house, dear God, but there are those without a home. Please give them one for Christmas, one they can call their own.
2. There are children who have toys and a place to rest their heads. Please give to those who don’t, some fine toys and some warm beds.
3. My table will be adorned with food, on this fine Christmas Day. Please give food to those who hunger they must not whither away.
4. I have clothes upon my back to keep me warm and dry. But, there are some with clothes so old and worn, they simply can’t get by.
5. But most of all, dear God, I have a love within my heart. Please give the gift of Love to those who need a brand new start.
Thank you for listening to my prayer.
A Blessed Christmas to you.
Your loving child.